Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to All,

Looking back over the year in my photo stream, I see that 2012 was pretty much a cat-intensive year. We really enjoy our cats and they are definitely family members. Two of them, Laney and Jake (right to left in the photo below) are pure-bred Ocicats and they are beautiful, unusual and so much fun! We got Laney in 2011 and Jake this past summer. They are both Chocolate Silver, but as you can see there are variations in color. All our cats get along well and provide us with plenty of entertainment!

In February I flew down to visit Bruce at University of Iowa for the long Presidents’ Day weekend--staying in the dorm! In October we drove down and enjoyed a beautiful autumn weekend in Iowa City, staying at Bruce’s apartment, meeting his friends & seeing the sights. Aside from that, we made several trips to the Twin Cities for Committee on Ministry meetings, retreats, a wedding, visits to Courtney & Rob, shopping and eating. 

Everyone is working, for which we are grateful. Bruce will graduate this year and we’re not sure what happens after that. Courtney works days and Rob works nights, but a job’s a job, right? Rowland enjoys his work at the Borderland Humane Society and I have been at the church 13 years now!

I celebrated my 60th birthday while attending the Minnesota Conference UCC Annual Meeting in June, so it wasn’t a big thing, but I’m not done celebrating yet! This coming April is the BIG event! My gift from Rowland is a week in Paris and Courtney is going with me!!! We can hardly wait, as you might imagine! We will also get to Reims, where I spent 4 weeks back in 1969. I’m looking forward to showing Courtney that special place that was a once-in-a lifetime experience when I was 17. This is a dream come true because I’ve always wanted to go to France again!

We hope you have a blessed Christmas and good times in the new year.   
                                                                                      Much Love ~ Sue and Rowland
            Jake                         Laney

No comments: